August 14, 2000: first alpha
September 6, 2000: second alpha
- HTTP caching
- Resource handling
- Support of Resin 1.1 and Tomcat 3.1
October 6, 2000: third alpha
- Java 2 sandbox
- Certificate authority checking (certificate chains and CRLs)
November 20, 2000: version 1.0 (beta level)
December 5, 2000: version 1.0.1
- Minor changes
- Support of archive delete
December 21, 2000: embedded server (JES 2) version
January 7, 2001: Diskless version - based on embedded server
- Use of ICP messages and of multicast/unicast UDP
January 17, 2001: pagebox.net site
January 26, 2001: version 1.0.2
- Support of publishing
- Tested on W2K and Solaris
February 1, 2001: publisher 1.0
February 18, 2001: administration enhancements
- Publisher 1.0.2 with subscription, security support and administration screens
- Configurator 1.0: helper servlets for JSPservlet and PublisherServer remote installation
March 17, 2001: version 1.0.3
- Mapper: support of routing pages. The Mapper itself is at alpha level. Its use is not mandatory.
- Tested on W2K.
- Sites enhancements.
April 8, 2001: version 1.0.4
- Mapper enhancement: serialized cache, routing of forms. Fixes. Second alpha.
- SOAP and Cocoon support. First alpha.
- Cocoon/SOAP demo.
- Tested on W2K.
April 16, 2001: demo online
- Patch for SOAP and Cocoon support.
- Configurator version 1.0.4.
- Tested on Solaris.
April 27, 2001: Installation guide
- Installation guide.
- Application server version 1.0.4D2.
- Configurator version 1.0.4C.
- Tested with Resin 1.2.
April 30, 2001: Ursa minor constellation
Two machines for the moment running Tomcat. Two other planned with Resin.
- Tested on Linux.
- As our PageBoxes are deployed on shared (non dedicated) JVM for cost reasons, Ursaminor is not suitable for demo.
Please contact us if you want to use it.
May 7, 2001: Advanced beta
- Ursa minor
Another machine with Resin 1.2 and Red Hat 7 tested.
- Application server version 1.0.4E (cvs 188.8.131.52) with Resin 1.2.5 support.
- Configurator version 1.0.4D (cvs 184.108.40.206).
- Patch for SOAP and Cocoon support version 1.0.4B.
- We removed tomcatCocoonSOAP.jar.
After cross-continent tests, we found that configurator is a better solution.
- Alternate site for Europe at
- RSS description of the site here.
December 2, 2001: Cuckoo version 0.0.1
- Web authoring tool implemented as a Word plug-in
- Use of XSLT for site design
- Form creation
- Support of PHP, JSP and ASP
- Free, Open Source (GNU Library GPL like PageBox)
- Support of Internet 5 and 6, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera 5 and 6
- Presentation and documentation
December 15, 2001: Cuckoo version 0.0.2
- Runtime generation with ASP, Cocoon 2, Resin 2
December 19, 2001: Cuckoo version 0.0.3
December 24, 2001: Cuckoo version 0.0.4
- Support of Latin languages (ISO-8859-1). The following characters are supported:
January 1, 2002: PageBox for PHP 0.0.1
- Written in PHP 4
- PageBox itself with any archive format
- Publish/Subscribe using forms and POST upload
January 6, 2002: PageBox for PHP 0.0.2
- Environment display
- Deployment/undeployment retry
January 13, 2002: PageBox for PHP 0.0.3
- Presentation download
- Archive subscribe
- Publish with the URL of the presentation documentation
January 29, 2002: Cuckoo version 0.0.5
- Support of <pre> and <hr/>
- Support of Greek and Mathematical characters
- Support of Word Subscript, Superscript and Equation Editor
February 18, 2002: PageBox for .NET 0.0.1
- Based on PageBox for PHP 0.0.3
- Use of SOAP between the Repository and the PageBoxes
- XML configuration files
February 18, 2002: Method list
- Pre-compiled languages
February 26, 2002: PageBox for .NET 0.0.2
- Download and archive subscribe
March 5, 2002: PageBox for .NET 0.0.3
- Windows service (RepoCleanup) and Web Service (Retry.asmx) to retry Repository deploy and undeploy
March 7, 2002: Cuckoo 0.0.6
- Use of an ATL component for character processing. Faster version with Unicode support
March 9, 2002: PageBox for PHP 0.0.3b
April 7, 2002: PageBox for .NET 0.0.4
- Support of Application to Application communication: an application deployed using PageBox can discover its other
instances deployed from the same repository
April 29, 2002: Reservation 0.0.1
- An example of PageBox distributed application written in C#
- Local database accessed in OLEDB
- Custom security. User Registration with confirmation mail
- Resource management
- Peer instance search
May 4, 2002: Cuckoo 0.1
- First beta
- Better support of non-latin languages with a converter from entity code to UTF-8
- Support of bookmarks
May 9, 2002: PageBox for PHP 0.0.4
- Support of distributed application through the Query and RepoQuery Web services like in PageBox for .NET
- PageBox log
- Support of PHP 4.2
May 30, 2002: PageBox controls
- Example: Google API control for .NET
June 9, 2002: Cuckoo 0.1.1
- User preference and persistance
- Support of hyperlinks opening a new page
- Support of MSXML 4
- Documentation clarified for users of non-Latin languages
- Troubleshooting guide
June 15, 2002: Cuckoo 0.1.2
Support of table styles. When the first paragraph of a cell has an InvisibleTable style,
then the table is rendered with a cuckoo-itable CSS style and the cells are rendered with a cuckoo-itd CSS style.
The feature allows using tables for layout.
June 20, 2002: Cuckoo 0.1.3
- Improved robustness
- Tracing mode
July 7, 2002: Cuckoo 0.1.4
- Customizable standard style name: by default Cuckoo uses English Word styles (Normal, Heading i ,
Comment text) but you can set different standard style names with the Setting macro.
- You can now submit your problems to Cuckoo forum at
July 20, 2002: PageBox for .NET 0.0.5
July 22, 2002: Cuckoo 0.1.5
- Bug fixes: Especially if you use a non-Latin language you should update to 0.1.5
- Custom styles: You can define your own styles and their corresponding CSS class with the Setting macro
- Customizable tables: You can set the tags to use with <table>, <th> and <td>
with the Setting macro
July 27, 2002: Cuckoo 0.2.0
- Better support of image Paste
- The custom styles can be aliases on standard styles (Setting macro)
July 31, 2002: Cuckoo 0.2.1
- Bug fix in image processing
- Logging of image processing
August 6, 2002: PageBox for .NET 0.0.5b
August 17, 2002: PageBox for .NET 0.0.5c
- Coordinator and ActiveNaming improvements and bug fixes
August 17, 2002: Polaris A
Example of application using the Coordinator and the ActiveNaming.
- Coordinator used to allow three controls to communicate with each other
- ActiveNaming used to implement data-dependent and location-dependent routing and load-balancing
August 17, 2002: Cuckoo 0.2.2
- Ditto style to embed HTML tags in your document (for instance mapped images, Flash files...)
August 18, 2002: Ptah 0.0.1
- XHTML map generator
- Rectangular shapes
- Copy the map code into the clipboard
- Written in Java/Swing
November 19, 2002: PageBox for Java 0.0.1
- Preview: the design is frozen, the product and most of the documentation are written but the tests are not completed
- Based on the PageBox for .NET design
- Installation API
- Deployment with relays
- Secure Repository
- Delta deployment
November 30, 2002: Patent document
The Patent document describes patent system, law and practices.
It suggests an approach for patent search and to secure your Intellectual property at a lower cost.
The Patent document also includes tools, WordCount, Uspto and Intersect that facilitate patent search.
December 15, 2002: PageBox for Java 0.0.2
- First test iteration completed
- No tests of installation API
- No large scale tests
- No abnormal conditions tests
December 18, 2002: PageBox for Java 0.0.3
- Application server installer tested
- PageBox improved
January 3, 2003: PageBox for Java 0.0.4
The new version documents distributed application concepts such as Trusted Web sites and approximate data knowledge.
The new functions are not yet tested.
- PageBox API
- Pandora demo
- PageBox improved
January 11, 2003: PageBox for Java 0.0.5
PageBox for Java is now fully tested.
- Installation API tested
- PageBox API tested
- Pandora tested
- Bug fix on delta distribution.
January 19, 2003: PageBox for Java 0.0.6
Version 0.0.6 is a minor reengineering of PageBox
- PageBox split in a PageBoxLib archive and a PageBox Web archive
- PageBox and Repository forms display sorted lists of subscribers and archives
- It is possible to sort archives by archive name or by publication date
- Bug fixes
- For a better support of the PageBox API
- To prepare version 0.0.7 (better security)
- With a smaller footprint and slightly better performance
March 1, 2003: PageBox for Java 0.0.7
- Password-protected PageBox supported by the PageBox Repository
- Support of Java 2 security for both the archives and the installation class
- Pandora extended (version 0.0.2) to check if the security is properly set
- Delta publication. It possible to modify a directory and its subdirectories
even if they weren't initially created by PageBox.
- The PageBox API manages one database per application
- The PageBox administrator can configure a script to create the database on the fly
and perform other initialization tasks at archive deployment
- The PageBox administrator can configure a script to drop the database on the fly
and perform other termination tasks at archive undeployment
- Epimetheus example using resources
April 27, 2003: PageBox for Java 0.0.8
- Tested on Linux (RedHat 8), Windows 2000 and Windows XP. You can download this portable programming environment.
- Secure display of the PageBox log for publishers
- PageBox and Repository dynamic DNS registration
- Generic installation class
- New versions of examples
- EuroLCC example showing Low Cost carriers routes
July 1, 2003: PageBox for Java 0.0.9
- Support of extensions in the PageBox API
- Support of SSL
- Access control on resources and extensions
- Improved support of dynamic DNS registration
- Improved error management
This version fully implements the PageBox concept and fixes numerous bugs. We have yet to document the error management and run multihost tests.
July 2, 2003: Cuckoo 0.2.3
- Bug fix
- Support of PNG images
July 8, 2003: PageBox for Java 0.0.9bis
- Code review
- Bug fixes
- Documentation update
September 1, 2003: PageBox for Java 0.0.10
- Support of JWSDP 1.2 and Tomcat/Axis
- Plug-able RPC implementation: two JAX-RPC versions (Axis and JWSDP) and one raw HTTP version implemented
- Improved user interface
- Improved PageBox configuration
- Bug fixes
- Documentation update
The 0.0.10 version is not yet tested with Axis and on Linux. It should be done in the coming days
September 3, 2003: PageBox for Java 0.0.10bis
September 10, 2003: PageBox for Java 0.0.10ter
- Tested on Linux Redhat 8
- Bug fixes
December 30, 2003: PageBox for Java 0.0.11
- Enhanced version control
- HTML and Axis protocol with compression
- Token API
- Prometheus example using the Token API
The Token API API is tested with the exception of responses and abnormal conditions.
The enhanced version control has yet to be tested.
We plan to implement now the Active Naming in the version 0.0.12 and then to complete the tests in the first beta (0.1.0).
January 8, 2004: PageBox for Java 0.0.12
- Active Naming
- Prometheus 0.0.2 using Active Naming
- Tested on JWSDP 1.2. Tests ongoing for JWSDP 1.3, Tomcat 4/Axis and Tomcat 5/Axis
Before the first beta we will release a 0.0.13 version with a measurement facility integrated with the Active Naming.
This facility will measure the CPU, network and memory.
January 12, 2004: PageBox for Java 0.0.12b
- Tests on JWSDP 1.3, Tomcat 4/Axis and Tomcat 5/Axis completed
- Bug fixes
January 18, 2004: PageBox for Java 0.0.13
- Extensible measurement facility
- Default implementation for Linux and Windows NT/2K/XP
- Prometheus 0.0.3 using the measurement facility
March 6, 2004: PageBox for Java 0.1.0
- First beta version: code cleanup, slightly faster implementation, more testing
- Idle connections removed from connection pools
- Prometheus 0.0.3 allowing blanks in filter strings
March 8, 2004: Comprehensive RSS support
May 1, 2004: Cuckoo 0.2.4
- Tested with Word 2002
- Better support of non-English versions
November 21, 2004: more rss
patent.rss: Intellectual property documents.
January 25, 2005: PageBox for Java 0.1.1
- Second beta (more tests, bug fixes)
- Token API improvements
- Support of JWSDP 1.5 and latest Tomcat versions